At Loving Home Care Services, we carry a strong focus on Relationship-Based Home Care.
Relationship-Based Home Care is our type of care organized around the needs of the individual and his or her family, rather than around the completion of a predefined set of tasks. Instead of focusing only on acute needs, Relationship-Based Home Care takes a holistic approach.
What Is Relationship-Based Home Care?
- Is person-centred, focusing on the physical and emotional need of the individual.
- Is highly personalized, organized around the needs of the individual and their family.
- Supports families and family caregivers in their relationship with that person receiving care.
- Enables coordination across the entire care team, which encompasses all of those engaged in a person’s care including family caregivers and health care providers.
- Recognizes that the needs of individual continuously evolve.
- Is outcomes-based, taking a preventative approach to allow for the highest quality of life and independence for as long as possible.
- Integrating Relationship-Based Home Care as the preferred option will empower the delivery on the promise of high-quality care for the individual.
This type of care focuses on benefits such as promoting independence, ensuring physical and emotional well-being, and supporting the continuous monitoring and evaluation of care needs over time.
With Relationship-Based Home Care, our Case Manager and staff becomes familiar with the individual’s entire care team including his or her family members, physicians, pharmacists, and others. A caring relationship that puts the individual, rather than the checklist, at the centre of the care plan supports better coordination of care and navigation of their health and the health care system.
Many families take great comfort in providing care to their loved ones so that they can remain at home. But the physical, emotional and potential income loss burdens for family caregivers can be overwhelming without any support, such as respite. The truth is, when family caregivers are looking after their loved one who’s sick, frail, or disabled, it really is a 24/7 job with almost no breaks. In fact, in 2016, 5.5 million Canadian’s took care of their loved ones.
Respite Care allows the family caregiver to take a short or long-term break to recharge their own batteries, ultimately alleviating stress, and improving one own’s physical, emotional and mental well-being.
How Long Does It Last?
Family caregivers take breaks as long or short as they need them to be from just a few hours a day, a full day, a couple of days of the week, or up to even a few weeks at a time. They take this time to rest and relax, catch up on personal appointments and errands, work, exercise, or even go on a vacation.
Who Needs Respite Care?
If your loved one is severely ill, frail, or is disabled, chances are you need a bit of a break.
You may need Respite Care if you’re taking care of a loved one that;
- Suffered a brain injury
- Suffered a stroke
- Suffered a debilitating fall or accident
- Underwent major surgery
- Has Alzheimer’s disease or dementia
- Has cancer
- Other medical conditions
What Happens During Respite Care?
Respite Care Staff provide support to family caregivers by taking over their responsibilities when they need rest, such as;
- Hygiene Maintenance
- Mobility Assistance
- Laundry & Linens
- Home Safety Maintenance
- Appointments & Errands Assistance
It is important to remember you should never feel guilty for wanting a break. Stepping away for a few hours or even a couple days here and there to care for yourself will make you a better and healthier family caregiver. Hiring a professional Respite Care Provider such as Loving Home Care Services can help support you while allowing your loved one to be cared for in a familiar environment, comfortable surroundings, and in their daily routine.
Why Choose Loving Home Care Services
Did you know as of 2016 there are 460 home health providers and franchises operating in B.C. with just under 20 staff? Don't let yourself or a loved one make a choice that may do more harm than good. Instead, choose an A+ BBB Accredited, Industry-Recognized Care Provider with over 130 Trained and Certified, Highly Experienced Care Staff ready to meet your care needs today.
- We offer a full spectrum of home health care services ranging from part-time to full-time around-the-clock care in all three levels of care.
- We are available 24/7/365 with compassionate and trusted Home Care Assistants and Certified Care-Aides so you or your family member will never feel alone or be without care.
- We provide ongoing training and support for all staff and provide access to continuing education programs.
- All staff is bonded, insured and thoroughly pre-screened and we assign a wonderful match the first time 99% of the time.
- We carry a $5 million professional liability policy and a business liability policy covering you and your family.
- We carry affordable, competitive rates while compensating staff fairly and above industry average.
- We take care of WCB, CPP, E.I, and all applicable payroll taxes and submit electronically bi-weekly to the CRA.
- We focus on delivering relationship-based home care centred around the personalized needs of the client and family.
Learn more about our Premier Home Health Care Services. Call us today at 604.926.8403
Take a look at our Level I, III and III Care Services to learn more.
We work extremely diligently with clients and families to put together the right care package of services required to assist individuals where they need it the most. We will work with you step-by-step, answering any questions or concerns you may have. We won't stop working for you until you are fully satisfied with our services.