At Loving Home Care Services, we have extensive experience working with seniors and their families who live with Alzheimer’s. Meeting the unique and changing needs of individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease can be very challenging given the dynamic and unpredictable nature of the disease. Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia and is a degenerative disease with no cure currently available.
Alzheimer’s is defined by the gradual decline of cognitive functions that include memory loss, communication skills, mood changes, loss of coordination, difficulty completing tasks, ability to make reasonable choices, and forgetful of family and friends. This change happens in the brain due to the loss of cells and a breakdown of important nerve connections over time, worsening the symptoms.
Each individual is affected differently and it is difficult to predict symptoms, the order in which they will appear, or the speed of their progression. This creates medical issues that gradually break down the body and eventually, professional care services will be required. Family caregivers working with Alzheimer’s may experience extreme fatigue emotionally and physically, and it is not uncommon for them to further experience exhaustion and depression.
Receive A Complimentary Assessment In-Home or Inquire For More
It is about feeling safe and comfortable with a trusted home care provider coming into your home and assisting you with the most cherished Alzheimer’s care services. Our Care Director and Case Manager will work with you and your family to create a customized care plan that is specifically designed to meet your individual needs with a perfectly matched caregiver, ensuring continuity of care.
Don’t let yourself or a loved one go by another day without professional help. We are on stand-by and committed to providing trusted and industry-recognized Alzheimer’s Care Services today. Our Alzheimer’s Care Plan’s are carefully prepared with a thorough and personable, complimentary assessment.
Alzheimer’s Home Care Assistance
Loving Home Care Services offers highly experienced, compassionate and certified staff that specialize in working with clients with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Whether it involves helping with daily activities like Bathing, Dressing, and Grooming, getting to and from appointments, Household Tasks like grocery shopping, cooking nutritious meals, laundry, garbage removal, to nursing support, medication administration, mental stimulation and more, we are here to help.
We provide a holistic, person-centred care approach to the client by stimulating mentally and physically while keeping the individual engaged socially, and with routine daily tasks. By doing so, we are able to promote and encourage independent healthy living and an elevated quality of life all in the comforts of home. Add this to the support of our care staff and case managers, aligned with the individuals’ level of mobility, dependence and cognitive state, ensure’s that their needs and the family’s needs are met.
Our Alzheimer’s Care Services Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Home Support: Each setting and situation is different, so we take great pride in providing comprehensive and customized home support care plans suited to any lifestyle and individual. Our clients are taken care of just as their homes are well taken care of; ensuring a clean, fresh, comfortable and most importantly, safe home environment.
- Personal Care: Personal Care Assistants and Personal Certified Care-Aides allow our clients to feel safe and comfortable in their home setting where we strive to be caring and trustworthy friends, becoming part of the family. Ageing can be an uncertain process and we want to help make the transition as comfortable as possible while we give our clients the personal care services they need so they may continue to thrive in their lives and to help them reach their personal life goals.
- Companion Care: Our elderly companion services allow our clients to maintain independence, live an elevated quality of life in the comforts of their home. Companionship and on-going social interaction are crucial to staying healthy mentally, spiritually, and physically.
- Nursing Support Care: Our Certified Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses can ensure you or your loved ones receive proper care at home, providing medication administration or other medical services as prescribed.
Our Care Director and Case Manager will work with you and your family to create a customized care plan that is specifically designed to meet your individual needs with a perfectly matched caregiver, ensuring continuity of care.
When it came time for my uncle to need support through his journey with Alzheimer’s, again the company made very good matches, both with part-time companions, later live-in caregivers and finally with support within his care home. This was a tremendous relief for me, as he was lovingly cared for throughout his illness. Loving Home Care was especially good at dealing with emergencies especially if I was out of town. I could take breaks from caregiving knowing that I had backup from the agency.
Tips On Alzheimer’s Communication
1. Never ARGUE, instead AGREE
2. Never REASON, instead DIVERT
3. Never SHAME, instead DISTRACT
4. Never LECTURE, instead REASSURE
5. Never say “REMEMBER,” instead REMINISCE
6. Never say “I TOLD YOU,” instead REPEAT/REGROUP
7. Never say “YOU CAN’T,” instead do what they CAN
8. Never COMMAND/DEMAND, instead ASK/MODEL
9. Never CONDESCEND, instead ENCOURAGE
10. Never FORCE, instead REINFORCE
Trusted Alzheimer’s In Home Care Services
Don’t let another day go by worrying that yourself or a family member might be without help and is not getting the Alzheimer’s care and attention they need and deserve. Our agency carries the expertise and knowledge to be able to provide any level of personal care services for our client’s and we are committed to providing top-calibre quality care.
Take a closer look at our Level I, III and III Care Services for more.
We work exremely diligently with clients and families to put together the right care package of services required to assist individuals where they need it the most. We will work with you step-by-step, answering any questions or concerns you may have. We won't stop working for you until you are fully satisfied with our services.